Wednesday 13 April 2011

The Thrill of the Hunt...

There is something extremely satisfying about thinking of and then finding that perfect 'non-scrapbooking' related item that will work so well on a layout (LO).  I love digging around at antique markets, thrift stores and yardsales, always looking for that item that will take your LO to the next level. Here are some of my recent finds.   
The skate and the netting all come from the local thrift store...I just cut them down to size.
The black around the edges (and some up the middle) is hockey tape.
The jean pocket is from an old jacket of mine...I love this look.
Sand from our local beach.
(around the edges of the brown & circle)
The ruler is a section of a 'folding yardstick' (really neat in and of itself).
Great find at a yardsale.

Happy Hunting.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging Jasmine. Sure you are going to love it!! Adore the pages have posted so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is just awesome Jasmine!! I love all of the 'found' objects that you include. My fave of the above posted projects is the hockey skate and netting--AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are super talented! These lay outs are all very beautiful!
    I have an award for you at my blog!
    go pick it up :) here:
    http://peacelovestamp.blogspot.com/2011/04/giveaway-closing-at-midnight-and-new.html
    Even if you dont have as many freinds yet! Your blog still deserves it! you do amazing work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layouts. Like looking through your blog. Always good to find new bloggers. I am one of our newest fans....~Cherrie~

    ReplyDelete

...my apologies for the WORD VERIFICATION...I have been getting A LOT of SPAM lately...
Thank you for your sweet words...I love each and every one of them <3
-Jazz