Friday 14 October 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

It feels like I haven't scrapbooked in FOREVER, or more accurately, it feels like I haven't COMPLETED a page in forever.  I start, get side-tracked, get frustrated, or just plain run out of time, so nothing gets finished.   I was just saying to Ma, that lately it seems that my life has had more 'scrapbooking moments' than scrapbooking time. {I guess that's not something to complain about, although a little down time would be nice.} I have to thank my Ma, without her 'Mondays Are for Moms' I wouldn't have posted on here in a while.
Anyhow, I have decided to buckle down and get a BIG project crossed off my 'to do' list.
It is a SIX LAYOUT project, which I will hopefully have ready to post the middle of next week, but am feeling horrible about not posting, so am going to put up what I have completed so far.
It starts with this old, beat up window sash, which I purchased for $6 at a Crop a couple of years ago.
{yes, it has been collecting dust for that long - sad, I know}
With a little elbow grease it turned into this...
{it looks better live}
So far I have only one layout finished that will go in it...
'Grandchild(ren)'
{Jasmine Labombard}
{it is to be a present for my dad and step-mom, hence the 'grandchildren' - my niece and nephews}
I really like this layout, it is the first time I have attempted hand-stitching...and now I am addicted.
{Thickers Alphabet- before} 
{and after}
I have started two other layouts to go into this frame... so, I guess almost three down, three more to go.
Fingers-crossed, all will go according to plan.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a fantastic weekend,
Jasmine


2 comments:

  1. Really love your new layout and I think using the old window to put the layouts in is a fabulous idea!! Can't wait to see how it all comes together!! :)

    ReplyDelete

...my apologies for the WORD VERIFICATION...I have been getting A LOT of SPAM lately...
Thank you for your sweet words...I love each and every one of them <3
-Jazz