Wednesday 23 November 2011

Cookie Exchange {SCH Recipe Card Challenge}

I LOVE recipes, I have quite a {little} collection happening, so when Sugar Creek Hollow asked that you work with a recipe in this weeks challenge, well, let's just say I was excited.  Being a person who works with recipe cards all the time {not out of books} I tried to think on how they could use some improving.  Thinking about how many times I have picked up my treasured recipe cards with sticky substances on my fingers, I decided that it would be fantastic if they stood up on their own...my solution, an easal recipe card.

Tree Bark Easel Recipe Card {1}

{TreeBark}

{Easel Card - Closed}
Tree Bark Easel Card {2}

{Easel Card - Hidden Sentiment}
'A little smile,
Some words of cheer,
A bit of love from someone near,
A little gift from one held dear,
And Best Wishes for the coming year.
These make a Merry Christmas!'

{Easel Card - Closed}

 
Tree Bark Recipe
1 package graham crackers
1 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
{sometimes I will substitute the butterscotch chips with a different chocolate}
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Line a cookie sheet with foil, lightly coat with cooking spray. Place a single layer of graham crackers on the sheet. In a saucepan, over medium heat, bring brown sugar and butter to a boil - stir constantly for 3 minutes. Pour mixture over the graham crackers, making sure to coat entirely. Place in the oven for 2 minutes.  Sprinkle chocolate and butterscotch chips over the graham crackers, place back in the oven for 1 minute.  Spread chips around with rubber spatula.  Place in fridge to cool completely, break apart.

This recipe comes from my step-mom, Dar, a fantastic baker.  Where she found it, I am not too sure, however, my Grandmother Robertson {Dar's mom} does make a cookie similar to this, only with almond slices and without the chocolate {mine and my sister's favourite}.  An easy {and quick} cookie to make, but I'll warn you, these are sweet and can be very addictive.

Great Days,
Jazz


2 comments:

  1. Such a clever way to display your card and the recipe sounds wonderful. I love the mixture of chips and I even bet peanut butter chips would be good with the chocolate. I am drooling as I write. Love the clip on the first card and the cookie cutter idea on the second card. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine, I am running late this week (just a crazy one) and I apologize for not being by to see your wonderful entry. I am definitely going to give these a try. I love the easel cards (my faves) and the sentiment you used is beautiful. I love both of these and your recipe. I enjoyed my visit to your blog and hope to see you again soon at Sugar Creek Hollow.

    Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete

...my apologies for the WORD VERIFICATION...I have been getting A LOT of SPAM lately...
Thank you for your sweet words...I love each and every one of them <3
-Jazz