Friday 11 November 2011

Remembrance Day

'Never Forgotten, We will Always Remember'
Not wanting to just 'pass over' Remembrance Day, I decided to do a layout of my Pops.  I used photos that he had sent to my Grandmother, while he was in Korea.  It was neat going through all of his 'army pictures', reading all of the little notes that he had scribbled on the back.  I added Lt. Col. John McCrae's 'In Flanders Fields', as well as, a poppy and Pop's dog tags.

In Flanders Fields
In Flanders fields the poppies blow,
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
   Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
         In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
   The torch; be yours to hold it high.
   If ye break faith with us who die
   We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
       In Flanders fields.

Thank you to all of the soldiers who have, continue to and will one day serve and protect our Countries.
We are forever indebted.

Jasmine   


2 comments:

  1. merci,pour cette page et pour le souvenir de mes grands parents,de mes grands oncles qui ont véçu cette affreuse guerre.moi aussi,j'ai fait des scraps en leur honneur.
    le poeme est superbe et émouvant

    ReplyDelete

...my apologies for the WORD VERIFICATION...I have been getting A LOT of SPAM lately...
Thank you for your sweet words...I love each and every one of them <3
-Jazz